Platform Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure & Reliability (d/w/m)
Scout24 is home of ImmoScout24, Germany’s #1 for real estate. With ImmoScout24 we have been revolutionizing the real estate market in Germany and Austria for more than 20 years. Our goal is to build a digital ecosystem that brings homeowners, seekers, and agents together. Finding the right home and property is one of the most important decisions in life. So is your career! #WorkingatScout24 means being part of a diverse and inclusive team of 850 colleagues and 53 nationalities. We embrace difference and celebrate individuality. By encouraging open mindedness and authenticity we enable a true learning culture and prepare the ground for personal development.Mistakes are a chance to grow and to innovate. Together we act proactively, strive for improvement, and take responsibility. We talk about success and challenge while treating each other with respect because we are #oneteam.
If this sounds interesting to you, we would love to see you joining us! Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the job requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team.Grow with us!.Welcome home!
Aside from our people and company culture we are offering awesome benefits that make Scout24 a great place to work!
- Compensation: A competitive salary package and a bonus on top.
- Flexibility: Decide for yourself where you work most effectively. We offer you a hybrid working model, autonomous working time management and 30 days of vacation annually.
- Work from abroad: Our remote working policy includes the possibility to work up to 3 months in any country of the EU and up to 1 months outside of the EU if it gets along with the business and team needs.
- Relocation: Our relocation agency supports you with your visa process and an attractive relocation package.
- Use our products: As an employee you can take advantage of our plus membership for tenants on ImmoScout24 to find a new place to live.
- Development: Dedicated learning time per month, online courses on our ScoutAcademy, regular book challenges, structured feedback, “Lunch & Learn”-Events and individual career paths to push your career to the next level.
- Have kids? We'll support you with a professional family service, which helps you to find a childcare center or offers emergency childcare.
- Furry feel good manager: Bring your dog to work (according to rules, of course).
- Mobility: We subsidize public transport or Job Bikes.
- Commitment to sustainability and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI): We have clear environmental and climate protection goals and are involved in social activities and charitable organizations throughout the year. We live the diversity. Our theme weeks on diversity, mental well-being, and other social issues give us time and space to develop ourselves on DEI and sustainability.
- Most innovative office: Our office is in the heart of Berlin right at the Central Station. 2021 it was awarded for the most innovative office concept. We have an own gym with regular courses, napping room, rooftop terrace, organic coffee, snackbar, 100% green electricity and a massage therapist that comes in once a week.
- We are a tech company: We work with the latest technical tools and hardware.
As a Platform Engineer in the Cloud Infrastructure & Reliability team in our Platform Engineering organization, you will help to provide a scalable, reliable and easy-to-use container platform for the Scout24 product development teams, that meets the networking, persistence and compute requirements of their applications. You will develop and integrate observability services that will help our engineers gain valuable insights into their applications.
Our motto is "You build it, you run it”. Your contribution will empower our teams to build products our customers love, enable them to make decisions based on data, and to run their applications with ease.
Our platform is built on top of AWS (Amazon Web Services), as well as popular open-source solutions such as Kubernetes and AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit). It is integrated with observability platforms like DataDog, OpsGenie, and our own ELK stack.
You can learn more about our compute platform on Scout24’s tech blog: https://medium.com/scout24-engineering/infinity-our-compute-platform-df4ec4538df5.
How your role will look like:
- Develop state-of-the art products around cloud infrastructure and software delivery, e.g. Kubernetes, Docker and Infrastructure as Code
- Solve challenging problems in a distributed system serving millions of customers
- Apply product thinking when developing the tools and services of your team
- Share your knowledge in blog posts and at (internal) meetups
- Participate in cross-functional technical design discussions
What you need to succeed:
- In-depth knowledge of at least one leading cloud provider (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform) and their services and APIs
- Consume Rest APIs
- Empathy for developers; a passion for internal platforms as a service to help organizations scale and maximize efficiency and simplicity
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Kubernetes microservices architectures and internal components
- Experience with AWS CDK, Python, Kotlin/Java
We at Scout24 value and embrace the diversity that our employees bring to the company because we are convinced that precisely this diversity is the foundation for our success. We as a team can only unlock our potential if you feel secure, valued, and respected as an individual. We welcome you home just as you are. Bring your true self to our team which is a safe space for everyone with all gender and sexual identities, skin colors, ethnic origins, citizenships, ethnicities, religions and beliefs, disabilities, ages, or marital status.
For requests regarding equal opportunities in our recruiting practices, please contact [email protected].