(Senior) Data Engineer (d/w/m)
A diverse and inclusive team of proactive people awaits you at Scout24. Together, we bring innovative ideas forward in a data-driven environment. This is how ideas become reality.
We need your support here.
Our philosophy here is simple: not only do your ideas count, but you do too. We want you to develop further and become a permanent member of our team. Because success develops together!
What you can expect from us
- Your time is precious: we offer flexible working hours, home office and 30 days holiday annually.
- Commitment to diversity and an inclusive environment: We value diverse personalities, skills, values and backgrounds.
- Being a part of a company that promotes the topic of sustainability and lives by it every day.
- Have kids? We'll support you with a professional family service, which helps you to find a childcare centre or offers emergency childcare.
- Moving? We offer support with the move and with the application for visas.
- Further development: from professional know-how and language courses to workshops on individual growth skills – Here you are the center of attention
- Treat yourself to free water, coffee and tea, as well as fresh fruit, to strengthen you each day.
- Stay healthy - Take part in company sports classes, team runs and cycling events. Also book massages or receive discounts for gyms.
- Dogs are welcome: Bring your dog to work (according to rules, of course!).
- We are a tech company: We work with the latest technical tools and hardware.
We are a diverse, multi-cultural and cordial group of data engineers mainly responsible for core data of the company. We build ETLs, do data modelling and create tools that simplify our work. We work closely with data analysts, data scientists and product managers.
What we need from you
- Build and maintain end to end data processing applications in our data lake.
- Continuously improve the performance of the applications, queries and create generic tools to make day-to-day work easier.
- Build and automate the deployment strategies for an effective Continuous Integration, development and deployment.
- Understand the data and the business behind
- Proactively identify issues, investigate the cause and arrive at its solution.
- Provide support to the users of our data and tooling.
What you need to bring
- Motivation to challenge the status quo.
- You have experience building large scale (100s of TB) distributed data systems using modern "big data" open-source tooling.
- Strong experience in building and optimizing ETLs.
- Expertise with Scala (Good knowledge on Python is a plus) and hands-on experience with AWS
- Strong SQL skills
- Motivation to understand processes end-to-end and best practices in data architecture and modelling is not a novum to you.
- Ability to work agile and independent.
- Experience in working with business intelligence tools is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- You communicate effectively in English.
Wir als ImmoScout24 schätzen und fördern die Vielfalt, die unsere Mitarbeitenden an individuellen Eigenschaften, Talenten und Perspektiven in das Unternehmen einbringen. Denn wir sind davon überzeugt, dass genau diese Vielfalt die Basis unseres Erfolgs ist. Menschen können nur dann ihr Bestes geben, wenn sie sich als Person sicher, geschätzt und respektiert fühlen. Bei uns sind alle willkommen – unabhängig von Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität, sexueller Identität, Rasse, Hautfarbe, ethnischer Herkunft, Staatsbürgerschaft, Abstammung, Religion oder Weltanschauung, Behinderung, Alter oder Familienstand.
We at Scout24 value and embrace the diversity that our employees bring to the company with their individual capabilities, talents and skills. Because we are convinced that precisely this diversity is the foundation for the success. People can only unlock their potential if they feel secure, valued and respected as individuals. We welcome everyone – regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual identity, race, skin color, ethnic origin, citizenship, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age or marital status.