Junior Security Engineer
A diverse and inclusive team of proactive people awaits you at Scout24. Together, we bring innovative ideas forward in a data-driven environment. This is how ideas become reality.
We need your support here.
Our philosophy here is simple: not only do your ideas count, but you do too. We want you to develop further and become a permanent member of our team. Because success develops together!
What you can expect from us
- Your time is precious: we offer flexible working hours, home office and 30 days holiday annually.
- Commitment to diversity and an inclusive environment: We value diverse personalities, skills, values and backgrounds.
- Being a part of a company that promotes the topic of sustainability and lives by it every day.
- Have kids? We'll support you with a professional family service, which helps you to find a childcare centre or offers emergency childcare.
- Moving? We offer support with the move and with the application for visas.
- Further development: from professional know-how and language courses to workshops on individual growth skills – Here you are the center of attention
- Treat yourself to free water, coffee and tea, as well as fresh fruit, to strengthen you each day.
- Stay healthy - Take part in company sports classes, team runs and cycling events. Also book massages or receive discounts for gyms.
- Dogs are welcome: Bring your dog to work (according to rules, of course!).
- We are a tech company: We work with the latest technical tools and hardware.
The Scout24 Information Security team is made up of highly skilled security and software engineering professionals. We support all the teams in the Scout group to build and run secure digital products in a secure environment. Security is an essential part of our business, and we aim to reflect that in all our initiatives. We are looking for experts that really care. We are looking for a junior security engineer to support our engineering team in building and refactoring our security tools, as well as engaging in application security reviews
What we need from you
- Support the development and maintenance of software products and solutions
- Support building and enhancing our security products that can deal with a scalable AWS cloud infrastructure
- Participate in security reviews of applications and closely coordinate with developers to improve the security of our applications
- Participate in incident handling
- Participate in security awareness training for developers
What you need to bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Science,
Engineering or similar, or comparable job experience
- A genuine interest and passion for Security and Engineering tools
- Familiar with OWASP critical security risks and secure coding practices
- Strong interest in scalable cloud-based architectures
- Having experience with one of the following programming languages (Python, Go, Scala, Kotlin, or Java) also in open-source tools/frameworks
would be a plus
- Interest to learn or experience with some technology we are using like AWS, CloudFormation, ECS, ELK stack, Docker, Kubernetes, different SaaS solutions (e.g., GitHub, Auth0), Tomcat/JVM based stacks, and Python/Go based backend
Bewirb dich jetzt!
Wir als ImmoScout24 schätzen und fördern die Vielfalt, die unsere Mitarbeitenden an individuellen Eigenschaften, Talenten und Perspektiven in das Unternehmen einbringen. Denn wir sind davon überzeugt, dass genau diese Vielfalt die Basis unseres Erfolgs ist. Menschen können nur dann ihr Bestes geben, wenn sie sich als Person sicher, geschätzt und respektiert fühlen. Bei uns sind alle willkommen – unabhängig von Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität, sexueller Identität, Rasse, Hautfarbe, ethnischer Herkunft, Staatsbürgerschaft, Abstammung, Religion oder Weltanschauung, Behinderung, Alter oder Familienstand.
We at Scout24 value and embrace the diversity that our employees bring to the company with their individual capabilities, talents and skills. Because we are convinced that precisely this diversity is the foundation for the success. People can only unlock their potential if they feel secure, valued and respected as individuals. We welcome everyone – regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual identity, race, skin color, ethnic origin, citizenship, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age or marital status.